Friday, March 7, 2008

Dying Inside

The Bible says: "Humility is one of the best ways against humiliation. "

Oftentimes we tend to envy others when they outdo us, when someone has bought or receive some new things like a far bigger house, a much grander car, wearing a rolex watch, signature clothing, a nice leather shoes, an ipod, a cellphone, computer, laptap, digicam.



Even to a certain extent of the workplace, when someone sees that his peers are getting ahead of the pack, promoted sooner than expected, someone younger is better at task and your boss is noticing the new kids passion at work unlike you.

We tend to hate them, sometimes we tend to hate ourselves and we turned sour on what others has accomplished. This should not be, we ought to appreciate and thank those people for inspiring us rather than thinking we should be bitter because we don't have they have.

Life may seemed unfair at times, others leisurely spend even though they seem not to have worked hard enough in life, others are working to death inorder to make ends meet and put food on the family table. Others seem to have luck smiling at them while fortune seem to be blinded by your own meager quest.

Life isn't unfair, infact it has been so fair that we tend not to notice our own growth, our own strength because we get blinded by personal desires, wants and ambition to the point of wanting to pull others down rather than lifting them up.

Personally, I would have wondered years back as to the kind of journey I have taken, such an uphill climb, a rough rocky mountain and at times thorny. I've fell many times, sometimes having to go hungry and thirsty, losing a job several times, worrying where my next meal would come, how to repay debts, oftentimes I asked God and at one point cursed God for making life too hard for me. Though later on I repented for putting the blame on God when I should be the one seeing the magnificent beauty that He brought into my life.

In those thorny struggling moment of my life, I had several occasions to ponder upon my existence, my walk, my faith, my belief, the people I encountered and failed to thank them, and those that have brought me so much anguish and pain that I need to forgive, it taught me a very wonderful lesson in all those years of struggles, Humility.

I have to rise up again, humbled, forgiving, loving and with high hopes that the next journey would be far bigger and better. The best is yet to come I'd always say.... so I never fet any remorse nor bitterness for those I know have more in life, because I know, I have far greater than what they have materially and that is I learned to manage my emotions and spiritually I am at peace with my world and those surrounding me.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment